REQUEST A CALL
FROM OUR FRIENDLY CONSULTANTS
Forensic Investigation and Risk Management Consultants PTY(LTD) hereafter referred to as FIRM CONSULTANTS was established in January 2007, as a newly formed entity entering the mainstream economy. FIRM is an acronym for Forensic Investigation and Risk Management, being the main purpose of FIRM CONSULTANTS
FIRM CONSULTANTS is a fully compliant Economic Empowerment company in terms of the Equity Act. FIRM Consultants was registered as a Company per the requirements set out in Sec 14 of the Companies Act 2008 and practice under reference 2012/161568/07.
George Barnes (CFE) is the sole director and he has an experienced team who assist him in consultation work. George has more 35 years’ experience in the prevention, investigation and detection of fraud and other white collar crimes.
Firm consultants and the investigators pride themselves on being thorough, professional, and ascribe to the good governance of the South African law. FIRM CONSULTANTS PTY (LTD) aims to establish its imprint in this niche market supported by staff complement of highly motivated and skilled professionals, with an understanding of the ever-changing market and society in which we live.
initiatives which includes
fraud risk reviews
Individual / Company profiling
Assistance in labour
Firm Consultant has a team of highly qualified and experienced consultants who believe in treating the customer fairly. We believe in old fashioned investigation methods and coupled with new technology, we achieve great success
nqf level 7
Advance fraud examination
FIRM Consultants offer the Advanced Certificate in Fraud Examination which is a NQF Level 7 qualification. Certified Fraud Examiners are in high demand due to the fact that fraud is around every corner and CFEs have acquired the necessary skills to identify any red flags and prevent fraud from taking place.
FIRM Consultants offers a two week training course which guides you through all learning material and prepares you for your Certified Fraud Examiner exam. We assist you with the registration of the exam, becoming an associate member and ultimately becoming the best Certified Fraud Examiner you can be!
Here at FIRM Consultants, we ensure each individual understands the content that the course entails and assists each person in achieving their goal. The Certificate that will hang on your wall will be the CFE qualification as well as the SAQA NQF level 7 qualification. (Advance Certificate in Fraud Examination)
FIRM Consultant uses training techniques which help each individual in understanding and remembering certain information and assists you in applying these skills in everyday situations. The course is not only informative and educational, but also fun and enjoyable!
We look forward to each and every person who wishes to complete the course with us! Come and join the elite in the fraud industry and help protect the global economy by uncovering fraud and implementing processes to prevent fraud from occurring!
Benefits of becoming a CFE:
Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) designation is a professional designation and members are recognized for their professional excellence in the anti-fraud profession. The CFE credential is increasingly being designated as a preferred credential in the hiring practices of businesses, government entities, and law enforcement agencies.
Prerequisites for CFE Membership:
• ACFE Associate membership in good standing.
• Minimum academic and professional requirements must be fulfilled.
• High moral character.
• Agreement to abide by the Bylaws and Code of Professional Ethics of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Benefits of the CFE Credential:
• [Increase your earnings] – CFEs earn 23 percent more than their non-certified colleagues according to the 2015/2016 Compensation for Anti-Fraud Professionals.
• Advance your career – CFE certification is documented evidence of expertise and experience representing a high level of skill, knowledge and
• Enhance your marketability and job security – most companies require that their forensic staff be CFEs.
• Gain professional visibility and credibility – the CFE is accepted worldwide as the standard of excellence in the anti-fraud profession.
• Distinguish yourself from your peers – the CFE is recognized in the hiring and promotion policies of leading organizations, including the FBI, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
• Impact your company’s bottom line – research conducted by the ACFE as part of preparing the 2014 Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse determines that in organizations with CFE on staff, frauds were uncovered 50 percent sooner, and the median fraud loss was 55 percent lower.
About the course:
Over the span of two weeks, FIRM Consultants will assist in going through each module’s content. The course will have a week’s break in order to allow each individual time to catch up on work in their company which has been delayed due to the attendance of the course.
The CFE Training Course consists of four modules:
• Module 1 – Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes – tests your comprehension of the types of fraudulent financial transactions incurred in
accounting records. You will learn about basic accounting and auditing theory, financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation, corruption, and fraud schemes relevant to specific industries.
• Module 2 – Fraud Prevention and Deterrence – tests your understanding of why people commit fraud and ways to prevent it. Topics covered in this section include crime causation, white-collar crime, occupational fraud, fraud prevention, fraud risk assessment, fraud risk management, and the ACFE Code of Professional Ethics. The above four modules are presented in order according to the ACFE Manual so learners can easily follow. In addition, case studies and videos are used to enhance the learning experience without detracting from core topics
• Module 3 – Investigation – includes questions about interviewing, taking statements, obtaining information from public records, tracing illicit
transactions, evaluating deception and report writing.
• Module 4 – Law – Ensures your familiarity with the many legal ramifications of conducting fraud examinations, including criminal and civil law, rules of evidence, rights of the accused and accuser, expert witness matters and fraud examinations
Week 1 | 05 - 08 February 2018
Week 2 | 19 - 22 February 2018
Week 1 | 05 - 08 March 2018
Week 2 | 26 - 29 March 2018
Week 1 | 07 - 10 May 2018
Week 2 | 21 - 24 May 2018
Week 1 | 11 - 14 June 2018
Week 2 | 25 - 28 June 2018
Week 1 | 13 - 16 August 2018
Week 2 | 27 - 30 August 2018
Week 1 | 12 - 15 November 2018
Week 2 | 26 - 29 November 2018
COST – R11 000.00 per person EXCLUDING:
Estimated total cost: ±R23 328.00 for total course.
*Rates will be calculated according to the exchange rate
Advance your career by becoming a certified fraud examiner
9-10 April 2018
R 4,000.00 p/p
Efficient Statement Taking
23 July 2018
R 2,000.00 p/p
Collecting & Handling Evidence (documents & electronic)
03 September 2018
R 2,000.00 p/p
FIRM CONSULTANTS prides itself with adherence to the
following core values in its quest for excellence
Our size and staff complement present the optimum vehicle for adaptability and delivery with a personal touch. Our aspiration is the quest for excellence in delivery. We are proud to say that this company is highly approachable and distinguish ourselves in all aspects such as speed, accuracy and professionalism when
delivering on a mandate. FIRM CONSULTANTS PTY (LTD) takes pride in perfecting the finer details of the client-auditor relationship
To serve and fulfill the client’s mandate with the highest
degree of professionalism, and an commitment to the
minimizing of risk.
Our vision is to harness and develop the diversities of our
professional compliment, while offering quality work and
service to both the private and public sectors
George Barnes has over 40 years’ experience in the investigation, prevention and detection of fraud related crimes. George is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a member of the Institude of Corporate Forensic Practitioners (ICFP) He is an admitted Advocate of the High Court of South Africa. He was a member of the South African Police Services and commanding officer of the Specialised Unit for Commercial Related cases in
the Office of the Attorney General, Witwatersrand Local Division in Johannesburg, South Africa. He then joined Liberty Life, where he was a senior manager and Head of Criminal Investigations. George is involved in providing training to people in the forensic field and he is involved in assisting people in preparing for the Certified Fraud
Examiners exams. George is a director of the South Africa Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners for over 10 years and he held various positions which included Director of Training, Vice President and President.
George has vast experience in the investigation of fraud related matters. He holds the following qualifications. Diploma in Police Management;
Diploma in Criminal Justice and Auditing;
Certificate in Accounting
Advanced Certificate Fraud Examination
Honours degree in Law. (LLB)
George has been a speaker on various international and national fraud conferences and seminars and during 1995 he received an award from the Commercial Branch in Johannesburg as detective of the year. George is often used in fraud prevention and fraud awareness initiatives.
get in touch
Send us a Message
subscribe to our newsletter
BE AMONGST THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS AND UPCOMING FEATURES
Copyright © 2017 | Firmcc, All Rights Reserved